The Planning Manager manages, oversees and coordinates production planning needs to meet company goals, safety and government compliance.
Responsibilities: (Multiple site responsibility, Sazerac of Indiana & The Glenmore Distillery)
- Lead the production planning process for the bottling operations at Glenmore Distillery & Sazerac of Indiana using Master Production Scheduling module.
- Lead the team to provide world class customer service by ensuring all Glenmore Distillery & Sazerac of Indiana customer orders are accurate and all finished goods items are available for customer requested ship dates.
- Participate in and lead process improvements that deliver cost savings in the imported goods, production planning and materials planning areas. Lead the Glenmore Distillery & Sazerac of Indiana production planning functions to ensure that the appropriate amount of inventory is held to meet customer service goals while minimizing carrying costs and improving production efficiencies.
- Work with Brand Managers on production plans or planned FG purchases for new products and brands.
- Help the bottling operations achieve desired efficiencies by providing a stable production schedule that optimizes line efficiency with inventory carrying costs. Ensure materials are released to meet this production schedule. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Manage the Barrel Warehouse Supervisor to ensure adequate supply of properly aged barrels is available when requested by other Sazerac manufacturing facilities. Lead the development, implementation & use of clear processes, procedures, systems, and accountability for the entire import and purchased finished goods supply chain.
- Implement a PDS for myself and my direct reports that will move people toward improving at least 1 competency at any given time and improving performance against position description outcomes.
- Identify, streamline, and document a production planning process with focus on reducing frustration and improving the quality of our work life.