The Managerial Cost Accountant is responsible for supporting the business with the primary goal of cost control. Responsibilities include administration of the Managerial Cost Systems and ensuring Sazerac operates with the most accurate full costs in the industry. Additional responsibilities include cost reduction support, data integrity (BOMs, Routes, Item Set Up), and financial reporting.
- Lead annual Managerial Standard Cost setting process for the defined production facilities.
- Continually maintain Managerial Cost Systems (MCS) working with various functional groups to ensure new items have accurate costs.
- Manage all aspects of data input tables including but not limited to bill of materials, routings, component details, ingredient purchase and use, product recipes, 5010 credits, labor, volume targets, etc.
- Work with the Operations Costing System experts to develop consistencies between the two systems.
- Provide reliable costing data to support cost savings initiatives, promote production efficiency, and optimized buying opportunities related to quantity, freight and sourcing.
- Provide intuitive reports and analysis to all necessary departments to improve business decisions.
- Research and analyze costing inquiries and provide analysis to eliminate future problems and cost discrepancies.
- Participate in the improvement of the current cost setting process to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Use the Performance Development System (PDS) to enhance performance within the company through evaluation, planning and goal execution. Strive to constantly develop oneself as a valuable asset through personal and professional growth.