The Regional Field Sales Manager (RFSM) works with distributor(s) to build brands, maximize distribution, and coordinate programs across on premise, off premise, chain, Regional and National accounts. The RFSM assigns and monitors volume goals with distributors, develops and agrees to appropriate KPIs with distributors, monitors results, ensures retail pricing is consistent with brand strategies, develops and implements NBD programs, and maximizes brand exposure through trade and promotional events.
This role will accelerate growth in AK/WA and will help deepen the relationships with respective wholesalers. It reports to the State Manager, WA, and has a dotted line report into the Division Manager, Rocky Mountain Division. The RFSM will oversee one direct report based in AK, and will have regular interaction with internal sales and marketing teams, as well as distributor partners.
- Achieve volume objectives for the market brand state priorities in WA/AK. Use KPIs to ensure that execution standards are achieved. Monitor results through the use of KPI tracking and COGNOS. Provides most current profitability updates to State Manager and Division Manager on monthly market recaps. Develops and implements volume and profit objectives for the current fiscal year.
- Monitors and ensures that Brand State Priority volume objectives are achieved in the market. Implements and monitors agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with key distributors and retailers. Updates results at least monthly in the KPI and Priority Systems. Plans are developed annually and reviewed throughout the year to ensure achievement of the Brand State Priorities.
- Develops and implements agreed upon KPIs with key distributors to ensure they are focused on the Brand State Priorities for the market. Example: establish annual distribution objectives by size, customer and channel of trade. Calls on Key On & Off Premise accounts with sales personnel and independently, to follow up on distributor execution. Results are to be entered monthly in the KPI system. Utilizing distributor data through systems such as Diver, develop and implement programs which will ensure achievement of KPIs as well as establishing accountability for key accounts.
- Develops and agrees to appropriate KPIs with distributors in the market on specific brand state priorities. Manage implementation and monitor execution on a monthly and quarterly basis. Execute on the identified Priorities, Projects and Tasks to ensure that WA/AK is properly focused on the highest priority and highest reward project.
- Identifies, develops and proposes strategic price increase opportunities throughout the year that are consistent with brand positioning strategies in Alaska. Recommends these opportunities to the Division Manager and National Sales Manager for approval. Communicates the approved changes to the distributor/broker, customer service and state agencies.
- Identifies and updates the distributor and retailer key contacts information in the Key Contacts Access System. Develops and builds relationships with these key contacts.
- Provides retail level (on and off-premise) intelligence via quarterly Competitive Brand Information reports regarding "hot brands" and emerging consumer behavior and consumption patterns. Develops and implements seamless retail level integration/communication of new brand acquisitions.
- Builds brands, develops relationships, sells distribution, and coordinates programs with multi-state customers (chains and military) on and off premise in AK. Coordinates and communicates these activities across multiple Sazerac Divisions to ensure proper execution of the initiatives. Supports the Washington State Manager with brand building, programming, and distribution activities with multi-state customers located in Washington.