Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence (BI), the Business Intelligence Manager will be a key player working with Sales, Distributors, Retailers, and Marketing to develop customer insights and identify opportunities to grow our business domestically and globally. Opportunities are identified through the analysis of internal shipments/depletions and syndicated data from VIP (iDig),
NABCA (SAM/Diver), IRI/NIELSEN, TDLinx, IWSR, etc. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, is mentally agile, able to learn on the fly, and motivated to lead change.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Helps build a growing team of insights and analytics professionals to influence and drive the organization’s decision making. Establishes himself/herself as a strategic business partner with Marketing, Sales, Distributors, and Retailers
- Leads identification and communication of customer and channel insights driving insights from the data into actionable solutions regarding product, pricing, distribution, placement, and promotion to drive growth
- Integrates insights, consumer and market trends, competitive data, channel insights, shopper insights, etc., to fuel solution-based selling materials, Corporate Initiatives, New Business Development, and Category Reviews
- Lead contact with Nielsen and NABCA concerning data integrity, database hierarchies and geographies, and report functionality. Provide support for organizational training related to Nielsen/NABCA/IWSR databases, tools, measures, and analysis.
- Perform detailed analyses with Nielsen, NABCA, IWSR, VIP (iDig), and industry data to present holistic business analysis and recommendations regarding pricing, distribution, product, and promotion to support sales and marketing priorities. Work with sales, trade marketing, and marketing teams to create custom reports, perform analysis in key markets, new item tracking, etc. to fuel sell sheets and presentations.
- Leads national account sales support with tools, customer insights, and compelling consumer and trade rationales to support fact-based presentations based on sales, velocities, pricing, distribution, product, and promotion analysis.
- Drives an agile, analytically-driven approach to identifying and defining business opportunities for growth; Develops learning/analysis plans based on business needs, executes, analyzes, communicates learning and growth opportunities, and delivers actionable business recommendations on time and within budget
- Drives introduction and adoption of a comprehensive range of analytical approaches, suppliers, and tools to increase effectiveness; Seeks continuous improvement in techniques and cost
- Comfortable working independently with strong time and project management skills.
- Maintains the prioritization of insights/analytical work and seamlessly handles the organization’s analytical needs with internal and external resources (e.g. vendors)
- Actively participates in improving skills and documenting learning by identifying opportunities for self-improvement, measuring skill improvement progress, improving effectiveness at job, and achieving goals